You guys are rad
Thank you so much to everyone who joined in and played show and tell with makeup this month! Don’t forget to check today’s linky this week for the last posts from the group and check out the previous Makeup Monday posts to see the (far better and more detailed) posts everyone else shared.
I learned a lot this month, including how to tightline my eyes and that I’m pretty sure I prefer matte lipsticks/stains I need to try more of them out. I’ve been on a quest to find a nighttime moisturizer with repairing properties and a daytime moisturizer with SPF. Reading reviews and poking around this month has me settling on trying a travel size of the Josie Maran SPF 40 (haven’t gotten it yet) and a few days of samples has me hooked on Exuviance Evening Restorative Complex (that’s an affiliate link cause I just bought it, ow) for night.
For my final post, I have some stragglers, some nail polish and some scents.
Miscellaneous beauty stuff
- Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair Eye Treatment (this stuff is okay but it makes my eyes sting if it gets anywhere near them, will not get it again)
- Josie Maran Argan Oil sample (awesome for hair, recently started trying it on my face, probably not a buy though)
- Klorane eye makeup remover (I LOVE THIS, and I’ll get more when I run out)
- Pixi Flawless & Poreless (got this as a sample, total buy, it’s magical)
I stopped wearing perfume when my kids were newborns and I’ve only recently started wearing any again. I have a few favorites but I’m very picky and one of the only drugstore kinds I like is Michael by Michael Kors. I’m obsessed with Gardenia. I have a little collector bottle of Chanel’s Gardenia that George gave me in 1998 but I don’t love the way it smells so it hangs out in my medicine chest. Other stuff I like and sometimes wear in addition to my BPAL scents:
- Pacifica Island Vanilla
- Pacifica Tahitian Gardenia (I’m new to both of these and really love them)
- Lush Silky Underwear (no longer available and so awesome)
- Lush Lust (this smells like jasmine and sex)
- MCMC Phoenix (I won’t buy more of this cause holy expensive, but man the sample smells awesome)
It’s safe to say I like white florals, gentle musks, some vanillas and citrus.
Last chance to play along
I will draw a blog participant at random on Tuesday, June 4. You can get one more entry in this week. The winner will get whatever random stuff I want to send in a little makeup care package.